Thursday, May 7, 2020

Fluffy Muffins History

5 weeks ago, I started out on a quest for fabulous, fluffy English Muffins.  Sounds simple, right?

 I asked for recipes from friends, and reviewed internet versions.  Here's the first round with some wonky shaped versions on the re-roll of extras.
 Cooked in an electric skillet.  Had trouble getting them off the proofing pan without making weird shapes.
Reasonable texture.   Fairly small.

 Next batches were wonky
And too dark on the cooking.  But still delicious.
 Texture improved.  Tried multiple techniques, resulting in weird shapes.
 Then this super-model version.  This is what I was imagining.
Even prettier when toasted.
Last week's version shows how much closer I'm getting to the solution.  The upper version from the freezer are the same size (65g) as the lower ones.  I am 9 batches into this at this point.


Posting the finale in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment