Monday, January 3, 2022

Discount Tacos

Tacos are a great bargain.  They only take small amounts of ingredients and are a great way to use up leftovers.  One of my goal words for 2022 is Reduce.  Which when it comes to  food means lower cost, but also less food wasted.  With only 2 people too cook for, I never seem to make it through a package of tortillas before we're tired of eating tacos.  Or I put it in the freezer, only to throw them away months later.   


I searched for a corn tortilla recipe on line and made a 1/2 batch with some masa I had on hand.  Total cost was 10 cents and a few minutes at the stove.   I definitely need more practice.  And I prefer flour tortillas.   Maybe next time. 


I bought a tomato just for this but only used 1/2 so a cost of $ .50.    With some leftover precooked burger, and hot sauce and cheese I always have on hand, this meal was all in for $3  to feed 2 people well with 3 street tacos apiece.


No comments:

Post a Comment