Monday, January 24, 2022

Turkey Pot Pie

A traditional pot pie would be at least 8 servings an a lot of cooking time. While cooking other items I made an ingredient pre-prep with 1/2 celery stalk, 1 carrot, 1/2 onion and 1 garlic toe. 

I  cooked 1 Tbs butter with the onion, and later the garlic.  Added 1 Tbsp of flour.  After it'd cooked a while, I added the carrot & celery.  Then Tsp bouillon powder, 1 cup milk and after thickened, 8 oz peas and  8 oz of diced leftover turkey from the freezer. 

I cooked the cheesy biscuit earlier when I had the oven on for a birthday cake.  This recipe is amazing.  I made 1/2 batch.  But because it's hard to add 1/2 egg,I did whole and is was wet.  So I treated it as a giant drop biscuit.  Look at this beauty!!! Here's the recipe. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment