Friday, July 8, 2011

Chicken Veggie Salad

Here's one of my "proportion" recipes that makes it easy for singles and cooks of large families to easily adjust.  I served this on Chibatta Rolls for lunch.  This evening it was made into a tortilla wrap by one of the girl's friends, and considered a dip with crackers by my older daughter. 

Chicken Salad
For each portion:
1/2 cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
1 rib celery, diced
1 carrot, shredded
10 cherries, pitted and sliced/chopped
1/4 apple, diced
1 mini sweet pepper or 1/4 bell pepper
1 green onion (white & green parts)
Ranch dressing - to taste.

My Friday fruit & veggie variety count included: celery, carrot, cherries, apple, peppers, scallions, hominy, black eyed peas, pintos, kidney beans, great northern beans, green beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, Spanish onion, red leaf lettuce, pea pods.  My volume was less impressive, only 6 servings...unless I get to count wine as grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment