Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grilled Asparagus & Fruit and Veggie Challenge


After a long, cold spring, it's finally summer in Boise (temps in the 90's after months and months of 70's).  Tonight I'll make what will surely be the last of this seasons' asparagus.  Maybe I'll try grilling it like in this video.

I've just issued a challenge to my co-workers.  I'm giving a prize to the person who eats the most different types of fruits and veggies from Thurs July 7 through Wed July 13.   You can play the on-line version too.  Leave a comment after the daily Nutrition Blog post or on my Nutrition Facebook listing what you ate.  For example, on Wed July 6th I ate: cherries, cantaloupe, asparagus, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, red leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado.  Prizes TBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment