Saturday, March 2, 2013

Margie's Challenge

I don't have any cooking photos to upload right now so I thought that I would upload a picture of my wife and I.  This is to give Margie and the dear reader the correct impression that I'm a gentle soul.  Please take it easy on me.  I feel that I'm the Washington Generals vs. Margie's Harlem Globetrotters. 

Having written that, I do have somewhat of a plan to respond to Margie's cooking challenge.  I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com that I'm going to adapt.  The recipe is Exotic Pomegranate Chicken (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Exotic-Pomegranate-Chicken/Detail.aspx).  It doesn't look very exotic but I'm going to do the best that I can.

Thank you so much Margie for allowing me to post on your blog.  Please don't slamdunk directly over my head.  That's just going to be embarrassing to me.   

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the rules required, for the most part,for me to create our meal with items available at the time that the challenge was accepted, I had to substitute some ingredients
    Recipe:

    3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
    1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander*
    1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de provence**
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 bottle lemon juice
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon olive oil

    * I don't have coriander so I looked up a substitute for coriander (see next post)

    ** I don't have herbes de prvence so I looked up a substitute for herbes de provence (see next post)

    1. Mix the cumin, coriander, herbes de provence, black pepper and cajun spices together in a small bowl. Place the chicken and garlic in a bowl; sprinkle about 2/3 of the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer the chicken to a resealable plastic bag. Pour in the lemon juice. Seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (it should have be 12 hours but I didn't have time).

    2. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with the remaining spice mixture and salt. Coat with olive oil, then arrange the chicken in a large baking dish in one layer.

    3. Preheat oven to 350degrees. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, depending on how hot and even your oven cooks will determine the amount of time it takes

    ReplyDelete