Friday, March 1, 2013

TicTac Cardamom Challenge 1

Tschanztini

1/4 c Orange Tic Tac Simple Syrup*
Juice of 1 mandarin orange (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup club soda
Orange Tic Tac powder for rim


* Simple Syrup

1 oz package of orange Tic Tacs
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
20 small cardamom pods
zest of 1 mandarin orange

Bring all but the zest to a boil, stirring constantly.  Simmer 1 min. Remove from heat and add zest.  Cover and let sit for 1 hour.  Strain before using.


 I had a cute spiral of orange rind but it defrosted and unwound before I figured out the perfect set up for photos.  Time to work on my food stylist skills.  The TicTac powder was made by whizzing them in a spice grinder.

I cut the "twist" from the mandarin, then used a microplane to take the rest of the rind off before I cut it in half and squished the juice out.  I used the still-juicy rind for the liquid to rim the glass.



Time for me to scoot and make a tic tac brine for chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment